Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

Concerned about my MRI report. I have had two previous

Customer Question

Concerned about my MRI report. I have had two previous surgeries for chiari. Starting having my dizzy spells again, loss on sensation in my right arm for starters. Had a MRI in July which states I have no CSF going posterior to the medulla despite CSF space. Would this cause my symptoms. What would cause no flow if it states I have CSF space, and lastly does this mean I could be looking at another surgery? I have no other health conditions.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help. You need to discuss this with your Neurosurgeon. The fact that you have space but no fluid may require placing a shunt to carry fluid to the posterior medulla. The lack of cerebral fluid could cause your symptoms. Unfortunately you may need surgery to correct this problem. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars. This is how I am credited for my response. Thank you and feel better soon.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have an apt with him Monday, just am prepping myself for what could come up. Could scar tissue cause a disruption?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 2 months ago.

it is possible that it is a scar which needs to be treated.