Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

What % is considered a moderate blockage of the inferior

Customer Question

What % is considered a moderate blockage of the inferior mesenteric artery? And is it dangerous or should it be stinted? Or should you change your lifestyle?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

what are your angiogram results?

What symptoms are you having?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We just want an answer to the original questions. The angiogram results were stated to be a moderate blockage. There is no pain or symptoms.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She is on warfarin. She has a very short colon from a near total colectomy that proved everything to be benign and she is a very slinder person. She has just had her gallbladder removed 6 months ago. She takes quite a lot of laxatives and Metamucil for a normal bowl movement. And she has been on that schedule sense the near total colectomy in 2013.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She takes 240 mg diltiazam, 100 mg. atenolol, 6 mg. Ativan, 10 mg. of Lipitor, 40mg. nexium, 81 mg. aspiran plus biotin, leutin, vitiman C, CoQ10, Billberry. How soon can you give us an answer?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We have not herd from you sense 7:26. When will we receive an answer?
She had that test at 8:30 a.m. this morning. The tech said that she would get an answer within 2 or 3 days. We got the results tonight. That to me sounds serious. Her doctor did not think it was very serious. So is she right not to worry?

Sorry. My day job has been crazy! I'm on call this week :(

The term "moderate blockage" is not specific to any percentage of blockage and varies from doctor to doctor as to what it means.

In general, however, it usually refers to blockage that is not severe and would not require any intervention.

The best person to ask if stinting in needed would by your surgeon as this decision rests on your wife's complete clinical picture.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I have a busy private practice :)