DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years

I'm taking prednisone 20 mg for a assumed pinched nerve in

Customer Question

I'm taking prednisone 20 mg for a assumed pinched nerve in my neckI have anxiety and having this pulling sensation on my temple area I'm scared
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 2 months ago.

thanks for coming to just answer.

There are a lot of things not clear about your situation.

First of all, what is your question about all of this?

Let me know and that will help us focus on possible solutions.

I have not heard back from you so I will give you an answer, but use reply to let me know further information and questions.

I am a double board certified US doctor by the way.

Let me list my thoughts here.

1. A pinched nerve can not be assumed. An MRI of the neck is needed to show what is going on.

2. Type of doctor. You should be seeing a physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor for this, a type of MD.

3. Prednisone will reduce inflammation and do absolutely nothing else for a pinched nerve, which needs the correct physical therapy. The PM&R doctor I just mentioned is the one to set up that program, which might involve traction and other maneuvers. Over 80% of these situations, maybe 90 can be resolved without surgery.

Maybe even higher.

OK, those are my comments for now.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions.

Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here