Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

My left arm and hand and fingers feel like pins and needles

Customer Question

My left arm and hand and fingers feel like pins and needles sticking in them. I've had a nerve block In occipital nerve. Been told I have arthritis and some disc issues in my neck. My arm used to Fillmore heavy and now it feels like pins and needles since the nerve block. I also have the sensation in my form where it's really tired like of been lifting weights and it feels like there's a rubber band around it constricting blood flow
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: Been told I have arthritis and some disc issues in my neck. My arm used to Fillmore heavy and now it feels like pins and needles since the nerve block. I also have the sensation in my form where it's really tired like of been lifting weights and it feels like there's a rubber band around it constricting blood flow
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I've been going to the chiropractor done acupuncture physical therapy and deep needling three times over last couple of weekd
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Any thoughts
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Stan, here to help you.
Board Certified with 40 years of Patient Care. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Causes of your symptoms:

Nerve root compression

Arthritis causing osteophytes pressing on nerve.

Rotator Cuff tear

You need an MRI, EMG and evaluation by a Neurologist to determine exact cause.

I am here to answer any additional questions. Please leave a positive rating of 3-5 stars. This is how I am credited for my response.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am scheduled for nerve conduction test but I broke my right arm Sunday so felt like I needed to push it back?
I did have a mri 3 years ago which shows disc issue at 2 different discs 2/3 and 6/7. X-ray showed arthritis and bone spur.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Discuss the broken arm issue with the doctor doing the nerve conduction study to see if delay is advisable.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

The areas that you have the bone spurs (osteophytes) and the disc bulging causing compression of the nerves could cause your symptoms.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 3 months ago.

Did you get the nerve conduction study?