DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I do in home health care and my client is 88 yrs old he uses

Customer Question

I do in home health care and my client is 88 yrs old he uses a walker for mobility. He fell down last night on the kitchen floor his tailbone and knees his leg and his hip are injured. his knee is bruised , he can't hardly get up or walk. What do I do?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 7 months ago.

Hi

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

This can be something serious like a fractured bone.At the age of 88 the bones are mostly very weak and osteoporosis usually sets in such bones.These weak bones are liable to fractures even with minor trauma.I would suggest you to take him to ER and get evaluated . For relief of pain he can take some pain medicines like Tylenol and Ibuprofen with omeprazole but he needs evaluation at the earliest.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Another thing which need to be ruled out is the possibility of any spinal cord lesion which can occur after trauma to the back and the victim can,t move due to loss of muscle power in the lower limbs and that too need immediate evaluation.

Good luck

Regards