Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology

I have had this problem for several years. I lay down and

Customer Question

I have had this problem for several years. I lay down and after a few hours if I change position I have to void. When I sit up to go to the bathroom I frequently drip. This can happen several times during the night because of it I don't get a good night sleep. I void a reasonable amount I am 66 female. Is there something I can do I am always tired as a result
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you can avoid drinking water or coffee or liquids after dinner

you should be doing kegel exercises 4-6 times a day to help strengthen your lower pelvic muscles so you don't drip and loose control of your urine.

you need to avoid alcohol and caffeine in your diet.

you should also talk to your doctor about overactive bladder medications like vescicare or donnatal which can help relax your bladder muscles so you are not always having to urinate so frequently.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using