DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years

I was told I have a csf blockage. My chiropractor does

Customer Question

I was told I have a csf blockage. My chiropractor does sphenoid bone adjustments that do help temporarily. But for the last week I'm hearing this crackling noise in my head I felt fluid dripping in my nose & sinus it actually came out of my right ear & then lots of pressure, a pop then blood. Since then the pressure in my head and face have been almost unbearable. I also feel pain down my spine to my tail bone. It's extremely difficult to sit....the pressure from sitting shoots right to my brain. Standing makes the pressure in my head worse. Laying flat helps but today even that isn't working. This all started May 1, 2015 after being rear ended.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 2 months ago.

I am a double board certified US doctor and I will help.

I am not sure why you are not in the emergency room with this.

Chiropractic does not help with blocked CSF.

The drainage would be unlikely to be CSF, but can be infection.

That would account for the discharges, pressure and pain. Infection of the sinus

spaces, middle ear, and even brain are possible.

You need an immediate exam.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent [5]—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here