DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

If your not from America, is it achievable to try and shadow

Customer Question

If your not from America, is it achievable to try and shadow a neurologist and neurosurgeons in the USA for a week? Are the prospects of summer research opportunities out of the question if your a student from outside of the US?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 4 months ago.

HI.

It is not impossible.

It depends on what your background, training, and status in the medical match are.

What are yours?

OK

I have not heard back from you.

If you are in the match, at any stage, you should be able to find someone to shadow for a week.

In fact, I would talk with the match administration about this.

Research opportunities again depend on your background, and your visa status.

If those are intact you can probably find some type of opprotunity.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't respond without paying 50 euros! I'm only in first year medicine so I was just trying to think ahead. If this is going to cost me money, at the moment I might just let it go and try again at a later stage. Thank you for your response though.

Hi.

You already made a deposit.

I am now paid by just answer when you give a positive rating.

That scale is at the top of the page.

You can follow up with more questions, here, no more charges.

I am not asking you do do a phone call etc.

I get paid for my answer per positive rating.

And I will answer any other questions as well.

By the way, I ran a residency program for 12 years.

I know all about this.

My answer is correct so far.

did you have more?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is wonderful, thank you. However, the odd thing is that I never clicked on any ratings. I didn't even clicked on 'submit', after I typed in my card details. I have asked for a refund and I hope I get it. I'm a little skeptical about this. You're responding so fast, even though it must be the afternoon in America and you're probably working. I'm just not a hundred percent sure that I'm not talking to a robot.

I don't get paid with out a rating.

And I am a double board certified US doctor.

A refund request also see that I am not paid.

I understand all about the problem with robots.

However, I am not a robot.

I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oh wow, thank you so much! My parents are actually both doctors too. My dad is a consultant anestiesiologist and my mom, she does locums from time to time as a more 'general physician'. We live in Ireland. But I feel really intrigued by the prospects of a career in neurology.
I think, at this moment in time, I'm just getting a little ahead of myself. I don't have any adequate anwers to ask at present but, again, thank you so much for your responses so far, you've been very kind. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Kind regards,
Afreen Zaheer

Please do not forget a positive rating, and I hope it is a 5 as I strive for excellent, and fast, service.

That will get me paid.

You can find me by request as needed.
Good luck.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay, but that's where the skepticism is rising from again. I don't understand why a professional medical doctor would be in need of getting paid by an online website? Its none of my business, I guess if I can give you good rating without paying, then I'll be sure to do so. Thank you for your attention.

Excuse me.

Perhaps I did not explain it to you well, but technically we are not in charge of how this works.

We sign on like you do.

We answer questions.

We do not do it for free. It is not a charitable service.

We are only paid per positive rating. That is it. that is the only way we can do the job and get paid.

Hope that explains it.

Further explanations are really out of my venue. I do not run the site or have anything to do with the payment plans, etc.

That would be just answer.

good luck.

Please click a positive rating. That is how we can offer this service.