DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years

My son had a dream last night where everything was going

Customer Question

My son had a dream last night where everything was going fast and when he woke up he was screaming for me so when i got to him and asked what was wrong he told me about the dream. I then proceeded to comfort him and pray for him and he started freaking out again telling me to stop talking fast, which I wasn't, and he said it's scaring him and his head, eyes, and ears were hurting.
This is not the first time that this has happened, although it's been a while, and it is very scary for him and for me to see it happening. What could this be?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 2 months ago.

I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.

night terrors.

It means absolutely nothing by itself.

The inability to be comforted indicates a high degree of anxiety.

This he should be evaluated for by his doctor: it can be physical [for example tyroid disease, lead toxicity and other causes].

It can be psychological.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent (5)—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here