DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My husband is 3 days out of cervical spine surgery. He woke

Customer Question

My husband is 3 days out of cervical spine surgery. He woke this morning with his feet feeling they are on fire. He can't bear to stand on them and it's painful for me to touch them. I've just given him oxycontin and diazepam but don't know what could cause sudden onset of extreme pain
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 10 months ago.

Hi

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

This seems like a neuropathic pain which can occur after a spinal surgery. He will get better with time. If the pain doesn,t go away with the medicines you have given ,Pregablin can be given to help in such painful conditions.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Are you there ?

Do ask if any more question

if done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards