Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  Experience of Neurology of over 4 years, well versed in EEG, NCS and EMG alongwith MRIs and CT scans
22950887

My hands shake when trying to do everyday tasks, writing,

Customer Question

My hands shake when trying to do everyday tasks, writing, drinking, carrying things, ect...
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
can I get a prescription for this?
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 9 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now tremors of this sort can be due to anumber of things. The first thing to determine here would be that whether the tremors occurs at rest or when you initiate a movement or occur at all times. This is because the causes for these are different. For example if the tremors occur only when you actually try to do anything, then that could be an indication of a cerebellar disorder. These tremors are known as intentional tremors. This would be diagnosed on the basis of a clinical examination as well as a MRI of the brain. usually cerebellar disorders are accompanied by vertigo or dizziness.

But in your case i think the cause is likely to be essential tremors which are benign tremors which can impair the ability to eprform tasks. These can occur after the age of 40 and would need treatment with prescription medication. Usually beta blockers are very effective in controlling the symptoms and if that doesnt work there are anumber of other treatment options like klonopin, gabapentin etc.

Unfortunately we cant prescribe online as that would be illegal for us, in order to prescribe a doctor patient relationship has to be formed which cant be done here. But these tremors can be easily treated with the help of beta blockers and i would suggest you simply visit your doctor who can rule out other problems and start you on beta blockers.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/