Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.

I have had constipation. I typically take MOM and miralax. I

Customer Question

I have had constipation for years. I typically take MOM and miralax for relief. I now have the opposite problem suddenly, with pain in my mid upper abdomin into my back( between shoulder blades). This can be so severe that its hard to breath. It lasts 5-20 minutes. I have nausea/ vomiting as well but take Zofran. It is becoming more frequent, and pain more severe.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer,

Did you have an abdominal scan done? What was your doctors diagnosis and advice? Do you suffer from any gallbladder problem?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am 39, he said when I turn 40 he wanted to do a colonoscopy... Due to family history of polyps. At the time I seen him I didn't have the pain and nausea. I only had the constipation. I went so long trying to go, now I try to stop going. Now my GI retired. I should find anew one, the abdominal pain is getting worse! It wakes me up at night and doubles me over at times, but then, at times I am fine.

Dear customer,

Yes indeed you are suffering from a lot of pain if that leads you to wake up from your sleep. Please do not delay your consultation with a new doctor since this needs to be managed as soon as possible to relieve your pain. I strongly suspect gallbladder stones based on the symptoms, however this could be due to other conditions as well such as heart conditions.

Take care.

Dear customer,

If you have no further questions, please rate the answer with a positive rating.

It was a pleasure answering your question.