DoctorAnil, MD with 30 years of experience
Experience:  MD with 30 years of experience in medicine,Diagnositics.

I'm 25 years old and I'm 27 weeks pregnant with my first

Customer Question

I'm 25 years old and I'm 27 weeks pregnant with my first child. About 2 weeks ago, I started having pain in my lower back on the left side right next to my tailbone. The pain is more severe when standing or walking and has gotten to the point to where I can barely walk. My OB/GYN was out of town so I saw her NP one week ago and she said that it sounds like the baby is on my sciatic nerve and she referred me to a chiropractor. I saw the chiro the following Friday and he said it has nothing to do with my sciatic nerve and that my SI joint is out of line. The chiro adjusted me and said to come back on Monday (tomorrow). I have a hard knot the size of a golfball on my tailbone and the pain hasn't eased up at all. I'm not sure if I should go straight to my OB/GYN in the morning or wait and see what the chiro says. Does anyone have any idea of what this coukd be or what I need to do?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DoctorAnil replied 3 months ago.

I do think that this swelling is not related to the baby and you should be seek a second opinion from a orthopaedic doctor/general surgeon.

To rule out pilonidal cyst especially if it appears reddish or infected.