DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I'm a 61 year old female ,I take 1800mg of trileptal, last

Customer Question

Hello, I'm a 61 year old female ,I take 1800mg of trileptal for seizures, last one was dec/2015. I'm well no problems yesterday I star feeling kind of numbers and also tingling on one side of my nose when I touch it feels funny and the tingling feeling goes to my eye.only one side of my nose and eye.can you please help me.thank you very much.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 4 months ago.

Hello

You need to go to the ER.

Have someone take you.

It can be a mini stroke.

It can be the beginning of trigeminal neuralgia or bell's palsy.

It can be a problem in the cervical spine.

All of these are possible, the idea of an impending stroke, with this as a warning, means you should have immediate evaluation.

Please click a positive rating on the scale at the top of this page.

Let me know how it goes.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/