Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

I have been dealing with cold hands, muscle twitches (all

Customer Question

I have been dealing with cold hands, muscle twitches (all over my body) and tingling (pins and needle feelings) for the past two months on and off. Doctors I have seen all think it is anxiety.and I am developing hypochrondia over these symptoms. I don't feel like I can continue living my life until they go away. I am not sure what to do. Every time they happen, I panic. I worry about having MS, ALS or Lyme Disease but my doctor is not too concerned. He has not referred me to a neurologist. My blood work came back fine. I don't know how I can continue with this.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry that you suffer these symptoms...

It seems a HINT that you are only 23 and we usually see good health at your age ...

We do see much anxiety related symptoms in your demographic group ...

Your symptoms seem scattered / not well circumscibed as to strongly suggest a neurological or rheumatologic disease

Your doctor has examined you and done some blood work ( details welcome ) and so far normal --- so these seem reassuring

You certainly may seek a second opinion...

What about the ANXIETY?? Has this possibility been addressed or treated ?? I think that may be the avenue of help to you...

You certainly may search both physical and psychological causes to your symptoms --- both are legitimate ...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD