DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years

I t my right temple on concrete and lost hearing in my left

Customer Question

I hit my right temple on concrete and lost hearing in my left ear. When I fell I heard a loud ring in my left ear and lost most of my hearing. It sound like water is in my ear my head is fine. It does not hurt and there are no marks. I am fine but can't hear
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: It just happened outside
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you with your issue.

Most probably you suffer from an eardrum tear.

It will heal by itself and you will hear well again spontaneously. Only in rare cases a patching is necessary. But you might need anti inflammatory drugs, and we need a sure diagnosis, so please see an ENT specialist to check this.

I wish you the very best!

Please don't forget to rate positively for my help. If there is anything not quite clear, feel free to ask!

Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 3 months ago.

In the US it will typically take a week or two to see an ENT

And they do not handle emergencies.

This can be from many causes neurologically, even the effects of the blow to the brain.

Fractured skull

Nerve damage

And so on.

You need to go to the ER right now.

This can be serious

Do not wait.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here