Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  Experience of Neurology of over 4 years, well versed in EEG, NCS and EMG alongwith MRIs and CT scans
22950887

I went to a clinic last Monday and after doing a

Customer Question

I went to a clinic last Monday and after doing a neurological exam, they did not feel an MRI necessary. The dr said it was because I have no other symptoms. Do you still feel I should get one done?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 6 months ago.

Hello again,

Well if you did get a neurological examination done then it is less likely that there is bleeding in the brain which is causing the pressure. But i would still recommend a MRI just the same, since you do get these symptoms which last for some time after head trauma, it would be wise to exclude actual damage to the brain as a cause for the symptoms. Secondly, it can also exclude other causes for the rising pressure in the head as well which are unrelated to the trauma. Once these are excluded we can consider post concussion syndrome as the likely diagnosis. But i feel a MRI should be done to be on the safe side and to rule out all possibilities.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Unfortunately im not set up for a phone call right now, but we can continue here for as long as you like.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how urgent should I get it done?

If the symptoms persist for another 48 hours or get worse or you develop any new symptoms like dizziness, lightheadedness, balance issues, visual problems, weakness or numbness in the limbs then as soon as possible, if they subside within the next 48 hours then you can get it done at your next evaluation.

One last thing is that if the symptoms subside and then reappear on their own over the course of the next two weeks, then get it done immediately in this case as well.