Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.

My wife fell on July first and broke bone in her foot. The

Customer Question

My wife fell on July first and broke bone in her foot. The doctor told her when he applied the air cast to keep weight off it for a week ( which is today). she has scheduled meeting with the doctor on Tuesday.However she has a meeting on Monday tomorrow in a building with
many steps and a long corridor and wondering if it would be harmful to put weight on the cast? The bone that is fractured is near the ankle coming from the baby toe.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for your question.

From your description it seems that she has a fracture of the base of 5th metatarsal.

She can start putting weight on the foot if doctor has advised her to do so.In this fracture cast is applied mainly to prevent eversion and inversion movement at the foot as this is the motion which stresses the fracture .

Walking some distance in cast would not cause any harm to the fracture.

Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 3 months ago.

Do you have any more questions?

If done do take a moment to rate my answer as this is the only way we get paid for our work and time on this website.

You can come back to this thread if you forgot something.