DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years

I had a p replacement on my left leg in 2003. Monday, 7/4, I

Customer Question

I had a hip replacement on my left leg in 2003. Monday, 7/4, I slipped while mopping.
My left leg went sideways and I landed on my inner knee. OOOOH IT HURT!!!!!
I layed on the floor and fell asleep for about an hour after crying. I managed to get up on the couch (No one else was home) and sat there for another hour until I finally stood up.
I am able to walk, but have alot of pain. First my inner knee was bruised (very dark). Now my Inner leg, back to the back of my leg and down almost at my ankle, is now dark and bruised. Will this go away? What did I do?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 3 months ago.

Without exam, the seriousness of this can not be assessed.

Fracture is possible, particularly with bruising.

Do not sit around on this, go get an exam, and an x ray as indicated by exam.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here