Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery

I am sleepy almost all the time and have headaches.

Customer Question

Hi, I am sleepy almost all the time and have headaches. Doctor has no explanation. My blood work is all good, so is my thyroid. They have been checking for a year now. I had a sleep study and they said no narcolepsy and mild sleep apnea, but didn't treat me. Doctor said to exercise and keep sleep pattern. I have been doing that and does not help. I exercise first thing in morning and sleepy rest of day. If sit still I can doze off. This prevents me from doing things. Doctor now wants me to follow up with sleep doctor. I had a sleep test and when home I fall asleep in seconds. But there it was not the same. I felt on alert. Could I still have undiagnosed narcolepsy or if it was narcolepsy I would have fallen asleep at the test and not been on alert? Also, should my mild sleep apnea be treated. They did not treat it. I am uploading my results. Thanks

Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 3 months ago.

I can not access that attachment.

Please do an actual attachment or type in the labs and reference ranges

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

It is an attachment. It is the sleep study

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  khagihara replied 3 months ago.

Can you make the attachment smaller so that I can read it easily/

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 months ago.

Can I help?

I looked at the result. It is normal. Any weight change? When did it start? Is it consistent? Is it getting worse? Any other symptoms besides sleepiness and headaches? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history? Is it stress increased at home or work just before the symptoms started? Exactly where is the headache? On a scale of 0-10, what is it with 0 bing no pain and 10 being the strongest pain? What is it like? Pounding or pulsating pain? Does anything make it better or worse? How long does it last? Is it consistent or does it come and go? Does it radiate to somewhere else?