Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.

My 17 yo daughter was t on top of the head with a basketball

Customer Question

My 17 yo daughter was hit on top of the head with a basketball last night, while just playing around with neighbors. She had a headache last night. Today she says her head hurts, it hurts to open her eyes and she is a little nauseous. She gets migraines once in a while, so I'm inclined to think that's what it is, but I don't want to ignore something more serious.
JA: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?
Customer: vision is ok
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

Headache is usual after head trauma but painful eye opening and nausea is something you should be concerned. I would recommend you to take her to ER for thorough examination so that anything serious can be ruled out.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 months ago.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.