Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

My vision suddenly started getting slightly blurry. I'm in

Customer Question

My vision suddenly started getting slightly blurry. I'm in Korea and no doctors seem to know what's wrong with me, and it's hard to tell if they clearly understand my symptoms of which there are a lot. I had a CT in December and a cerebral angiogram in February. Both were clear. Last week I was more or less okay. In fact the past month has been relatively fine. But suddenly an onset of slight blurred vision (it is slight I want to emphasize because I can still see and it is not painful) which mostly shows physical sign of trembling. I also have an astigmatism in my left eye but when I wore contacts the vision disturbances didn't stop. In addition there's an occasional ringing in my ear, dizzy spell which lasts a second, neck stiffness, headaches when I wake up, pressure in my face, strange sensations (like burning) in my scalp, etc. I have gotten a blood test today and I will find out the results next week. I don't have a history of disease but in the U.S. I was prone to Vertigo and was hospitalized once for a panic attack. I also feel occasional jaw clenching and temple pressure. It's debilitating and ruining my life. I would love some light shed on this.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Episodic. Today I didn't have a headache. Yesterday I did with slight nausea. The nausea went away after I ate some food.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: It might help to know my family history - father has a permanent spine injury as a result of spinal tumors and mother has a history of migraines and high blood pressure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 months ago.

This sounds like possible panic attacks or anxiety

is that possible?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is possible. Previously when I visited doctors in Korea they also determined it was stress (anxiety). Although I don't know how my vision could be altered so suddenly.

It could be a form of migraine too

you could have stress triggering an ocular migraine

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I also feel that it's possible. The reaction to lights is quite sensitive in the past few days. The vision disturbances feel more like slight tremors. People and objects appear slightly fuzzy for a few moments and my eyes feel as though they're trembling. And the sinus pressure is nonstop. Although after an x-ray the doctors here have assured me I don't have sinusitis.

I think you have a form of migraine triggered by stress

sorry about the late reply