Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  Experience of Neurology of over 4 years, well versed in EEG, NCS and EMG alongwith MRIs and CT scans
22950887

I need help with serious restless leg syndrom

Customer Question

Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. If RLS is not responding to the ropinerole or the klonopin, then it would be time to use a stonger medication in order to control the symptoms. Usually when these drugs dont work, pramipexole would have to be used. Apart from pramipexole other drugs which may be effective if these other drugs arent are the following,

levodopa

gabapentin

opiates - which are used in resistant forms of RLS

A stronger benzodiazepine like xanax

Clonidine

Any of these above medications may be helpful, and if you have any of the above they can be tried. If that is not possible effective home remedies can include applying heat/ice packs to the legs which may sometimes relieve the symptoms and if that doesnt work a moderate amount of exercise may help in countering the symptoms as well. Try taking a warm bath, as sometimes that may result in the symptoms subsiding and if none of these work then you may have to get any of the above medications by either visiting urgent care or the ER.

Do let me know if you need more information or want to ask me anymore questions, i'm here to answer all of your queries.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/