Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery

I was reviewing my MRI and noticed I have 3 spots near my

Customer Question

I was reviewing my MRI and noticed I have 3 white spots near my spin in the cervical area and was curious of what it may be.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes and I am taking Gabapentin, Propanol, Celebrex, Trexemet, Meloxicame, Aspirin, Janumet, Oxtellar
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Heart Disease, Cancer, High blood Pressure (I take Lostan for that )
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: The pain in my neck and lower back since 2012 the migraines as well here lately the neck pain & back pain has been more sever I am on a watch list for multabale meloma with an Oncologist not sure if I spelled that correctly
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 months ago.

this is Dr. David

MRI scans have different sequences like T1 and T2 and white next to the spine can mean different things on T1 or T2 weighted images.

do you have the images or the MRI scan reports you can upload so I can better help you?