Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I just went up to see my wife, The doctors have told me that

Customer Question

I just went up to see my wife , The doctors have told me that there is no hope . FTD with motor neuron disease , plus stroke There is no hope two years left to live at the maximum and a horrendous wasting death , her eyes are dead and vacant. They should have used a clot busting drug in the hospital, but because she has dementia they have discarded her like a worn out rag. . I am sorry but I am extremely depressed and angry with the medical profession at this time.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

I am sorry that your wife is so ill.

It is not clear what question you are asking. It is true that many people that have degenerative neurologic diseases will reach a stage at which only supportive care can be offered. However, it is impossible to determine over the internet whether your wife has reached this stage. At this point, it would be reasonable to request a second opinion form another Neurologist.