Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  Experience of Neurology of over 4 years, well versed in EEG, NCS and EMG alongwith MRIs and CT scans
22950887

Flare with my chrons

Customer Question

Flare with my chrons
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

Are you talking about flare up of crohns disease? If not can you specify your medical question? Thanks

Since you seem to be offline, ill leave a response here which we can discuss later on

Well if it is a flare up of crohns disease then you would need to go visit your doctor to manage an acute attack with the use of several prescription drugs. In most cases mild to moderate cases may be managed with the help of salicylates like msesalamine. If those dont work then high dose steroids may be needed to control the symptoms. At times there is an underlying infection which is excarebating the problem and that can be managed with antibiotics like metronidazole and ciprofloxacin. In short a flare up of this problem CANT be managed at home especially if you are having blood or mucus in your stools. This would need an evaluation as well as further testing to be confirmed. In addition delaying treatment for management of a flare up can lead to complications in the future which can be permanent in nature.

So in short if you are having a flare up, get it evaluated now and dont delay.

If this wasnt your question, please specify it and i will be happy to answer it. Im here until your queries are answered.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Unfortunately im not set up for a phone call at the moment but we can continue here if you want.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Need my do natal an can't get ahold of my doc can u plz call that in for me only use it for flares

Unfortunately we CANNOT prescribe online as that is against the law. in order to call in or write a prescription, a doctor patient relationship has to be formed which cant be done online, without it, it would be illegal for me to prescribe anything.

Another option would be to visit urgent care to get a prescription if you cant get a hold of your doctor. They will be happy to write a prescription for you.

Do you have any more questions?