dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.
16766337

I went to bed without any pain in my left foot. During the

Customer Question

I went to bed without any pain in my left foot. During the night, I started having pain in the top and lateral side of my foot especially with movement. When I awoke and attempted to get up the pain was excruciating, barely able to bear any weight. As I attempted to walk, the pain increased when I would raise my foot up to take a step. It was like the weight of my foot made the pain worse. I could sit and keep my foot flat and the pain was less,but every time I just raised the foot off the floor,the pain was severe. The pain lasted for several hours. I took 800mg ibuprofen and eventually the pain subsided,but my foot remained sore. This is the 2nd time this has happened in the past month. Any ideas? It always starts during the night.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 5 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ....

It would be ideal for you to rule out the possibility of Cellulitis , please get ultrasound to rule Cellulitis .

As you have this pain second time , so it would be good to have Uric acid test to rule out the possibility of GOUT .

So please get above mentioned test .

Regards .

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-abid/

Expert:  dr abid replied 5 months ago.

Are you there ...