Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified.

Can you be diagnosed with Migraine Associated Vertigo and

Customer Question

Can you be diagnosed with Migraine Associated Vertigo and have constant unsteadiness with periodic mild headaches and vision floaters for 2 weeks? I thought MAV was dizziness that was episodic in nature? I am 28 weeks pregnant and on a zofran pump. Wasn't sure if that could be contributing to my symptoms as well. Would a migraine preventative be beneficial? Thank you.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 months ago.

I doubt that is what you have at all. It is more likely that your symptoms are pregnancy related. Preeclampsia is of course the big concern in pregnancy. Floaters are common in pregnancy. Mild headaches are also common. Dizziness can occur due to blood pressure and hormone changes. Migraine prevention will not help and should not be started this late in pregnancy. Zofran can cause dizziness and is listed as a side effect.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 months ago.

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am 35 weeks now and still suffering from unsteadiness dysequilibrium when walking standing and sitting and I get motion sick from just walking short distances can't really tolerate the car and still have nausea....will this all go away when I give birth? This really sucks