Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I'm 55 yrs old and 30kg's overweight and have been than a

Customer Question

Good day,
I'm 55 yrs old and 30kg's overweight and have been for more than a decade. About 2 yrs ago, I felt a burning sensasion in my chest and my heart started beating rapidly. I felt the veins on the side of my head taking strain and developed a headache. This sensation lasted for about 3 minutes and it took about half an hour to feel normal again. It happaned again about a year later and then it happened again yesterday. I'm still active in construction and don't really get time to go to see a doctor, but I'm getting worried now. Should I worry?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Do you know your blood pressure?

Any tests done?

Does the sensation in chest increases with exertion & relieves on rest?

Any numbness or pain in left arm?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No numbness in my left arm and I don't know my BP now, but a few months ago when I went for a medical check up, it was 87/130
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having burning sensation in chest along with heart palpitation and headache can be due to various causes such as angina,panic attack,stress,anxiety or gastritis.

Angina may feel like pressure or squeezing in your chest.Stable angina isn't a heart attack, but it makes a heart attack more likely in the future.

As you are aged 55 & overweight by 30 Kg,you need following tests:

• Electrocardiogram(EKG)
  • Lipid profile
  • Repeat blood pressure check up
  • Holter monitoring,

Your symptoms are not very typical to make a diagnosis.So a thorough clinical examination & the above described tests are required to make the exact diagnosis.

So my best advise for you is to make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Presently there does not seem to be anything serious,but it should not be ignored & to be checked clinically.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

Is there anything else that you would like to know. , I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh