Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

Main issue is conflicting information suggesting seizures

Customer Question

Main issue is conflicting information suggesting seizures provoked by brain injuries are not a seizure disorder, and information suggesting epilepsy can be caused by brain injury. As in TBI.
JA: Your nerves are the communications system for your body so you are doing the right thing consulting our Expert about anything to do with them. Losing comms is not good.
Customer: Indeed. We are talking about my adult son's nerves here I guess.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope. He was generally healthy before TBI. And is generally healthy now, other than a lot of effects of his TBI. Which he is doing remarkably well with given the severity of his injury.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Can you please let me know what kind of seizures, if any, you have had?

Do you have any other medical problems?

Are you on any medications for anything?

Please let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have you read my lengthy question? Because there I described the kind of seizures. First was significant, and unwitnessed, with loss of consciousness. Subsequent ones were more minor, during sleep, with muscle spasms. No medical problems other than many effects of severe brain injury. No medications currently.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

Yes I did read through your question but I think this information that you are giving did not come through to me for some reason.

Has your son had an EEG done?

Any other tests done?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Actually the information was included in the question. As were the results of the EEG.
I am starting to think asking this question on this site was not a very good idea of mine.
My questions were mostly generic ones anyway, which a Neurologist would be able to answer in a generic way.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also I am wanting to know why I have been charged $55 for a $5 question. What is this all about? How did a $5 charge grow to $55? Is this a scam? How do I get a refund of the extra $50 charged?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you a real person who is a real Neurologist and does anyone have any interest and intention of answering my question please? My question where the charge jumped 1000% somehow but if someone actually answered it that would be some compensation so I don't end up feeling totally ripped off. Thanks.