dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.

I have experienced numbness of my fingers, hands and feet,

Customer Question

I have experienced numbness of my fingers, hands and feet, as well as discomfort and stiffness of the joints in my hands and feet for about 3 years and it seems to be getting more severe. I have had numerous tests done...blood tests, stress tests, MRI of brain, chiropractors and accupuncture. One physician was quite sure it was caused by a lack of Vitamin B12 in my system. I have had monthly B12 boosts for 2 years and it hasn't made a difference. He then suggested that the lack of B12 may have caused permanent damage to my nervous system. I would like to hear some positive solutions or answers.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 4 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ....

As you have gradually progressive numbness and stiffness issue , just want to ask one question before helping you ...

Have you had Nerve conduction study ( NCS )

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I believe I did. I'm not too familiar with the terminology, however, I had a neurologist check my nerves and reflexes using an electrical sensing method. Evidently, the results were normal. Ron
Expert:  dr abid replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for info ....

If NCS is ok than Nerve issues ruled out .

Secondary causes like Vitamin B 12 , B6 , B1 and folic acid more likely .