DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Thigh very painful skin unbearable to around back. Can't sit

Customer Question

Thigh very painful skin unbearable to around back. Can't sit and rest her thigh on a seat extreme pain. Can't stand as can't bare weight on it can't walk
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 5 months ago.

Hi

Welcome to JA and thanks for asking

Since how long you have this pain?

Any redness,tenderness or swelling in the thigh?

Any known medical problem or medicines you are using?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
10 days only swollen . Had a fall on my back on the 14/6/16 had a ct scan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Using endone tarjin not helping
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Skin on thigh unbearable pain to sleep or touch

Ok thanks for the information

Pain in your thigh can be due to nerve impingement which may be due to trauma .

Another possibility is that of a muscle injury leading to such excruciating pain and even at time a blood filled collection after trauma (hematoma) can be painful.If the pain is not settling i would suggest a visit to your doctor for evaluation. If it turn out to be some nerve impingement ppain then it can further be investigated by an MRI. For relief of neuropathic pain drugs like gabapentin or carbamezipine might be helpful.

Good Luck

Feel free to ask if you have any more question and till you are satisfied

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Would that cause the thigh skin to be painful
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
As it hurts to sleep on that side
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
to sit my skin aches

Yes a localized trauma to thigh muscle can lead to local ache and also it get worse on applying pressure over that area. Usually the nerve pain doesn,t give rise to local tenderness as it is a deep gnawing sort of pain.Nerve pain usually have a sharp shooting kind of character.

Good Luck

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am not feeling back pain only the pain I have mentioned can it still be nerve pain
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Could a disc bring this on without back pain . Can the pain be localised in that area without back pain
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's actually not the skin that hurts as advised . It's inside excruciating pain in thigh like injured muscle pain

Although nerve pain can give such symptoms without hurting the back but the tenderness you have mentioned most likely indicate a muscle injury. It is possible that you might have injured your thigh at the same time when your back was injured and it went unnoticed and now it is giving such pain .Bruised muscle or even a collection of blood or secretions in the thigh can give rise to such symptoms

Regards

please do let me know if you have any more question

I you are done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards