Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

I fear I have a brain tumor. Hopefully being a hypochondriac

Customer Question

I fear I have a brain tumor. Hopefully being a hypochondriac but regardless I would like to be certain. Who do I see first. I've had consistent headaches for months, memory loss, and now I hear a constant low hum. I've been slipping into fits of depression and rage witch is not typical for me. My perception of smells have been thrown off as well right when I started hearing the hum about two days ago. What should I do first
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 3 months ago.

Hello !

You may consult your primary care doctor or neurologist to have your concerns addressed.

Most headaches are common and due to one of several common reasons but not usually a sign of brain tumor ...tension type headaches most common...

You describe a wide range of symptoms but the pattern that you describe is atypical and I think is more consistent overall with anxiety driven somitization disorder ....

You may have some combinations that need to be addressed / headaches / humming quality tinnitus / depression/ emotional lability ...

I agree that medical consult is advisable for your symptoms but the pattern that you describe does not seem suggestive of brain tumor ...

Try to relax as to that worry

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD