Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)

I often get extremely physically itching at night from head

Customer Question

I often get extremely physically itching at night from head to body-can you assist me with what this might be-thank you
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Since how long you have this itching all over the body?

Is any other family member affected with such itching?

Any rashes?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
comes in the evening-no other family members that I'm aware of
more oriented to summer time
occasionally i get a slight rash in the sacrum area-
I don't mean to be rude,i think i need to go to bed-Ill try again tomorrow
Thank you
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

Skin conditions that produce itchiness include psoriasis, scabies, lice, or dermatitis.

The symptoms of itching at night you are having is suggestive of scabies.Scabies is a transmissible ectoparasite skin infection.

Scabies and its itching can be cured by applying a cream containing 5% permethrin, which is left on the skin overnight and then washed off.In most cases single treatment is sufficient enough,occasionally a second treatment a week later may be required.Both are available as prescription from your doctor.

Till then take anti histamine medication like tab.Citrizan 10 mg & apply Nix in a 1% creme-rinse liquid.It can be taken from over the counter without prescription & will help you greatly.

So bot***** *****ne is that most likely your symptoms of itching are due to scabies & to treat take the above described treatment.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer

Is there anything else that you would like to know. , I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards