Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  Experience of Neurology of over 4 years, well versed in EEG, NCS and EMG alongwith MRIs and CT scans

I can't sleep. I 't know what to do. I had a seizure

Customer Question

I can't sleep. I don't know what to do.
I had a seizure recently and i dont know what sleep medication is good take that do not trigger the seizure. please help.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your seizures. Well you can safely use any of the benzodiazepines to counter the sleep issues. These would include drugs like lorazepam, midazolam , alprazolam or xanax etc. These can be safely used and they would not trigger a seizure. Secondly you can also use zolpidem or ambien to help with the sleep issues as well. you should contact your doctor to get a prescription of one of these drugs. Do not use other medications or herbal products without asking your doctor. You can also use valerian root to help with sleep as well.

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,