Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Steroid can increase risk of bleeding, delay the healing process, and also can increase risk of blood clot formation.
Given these risks, waiting about 8 weeks from the surgery to promote adequate recovery should be considered.
Hence you may consider lumbar steroid injection in first week of July.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Please also click on the rating stars :)