Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified MD
Experience:  15 years' clinical experience

I have pain about 2 1/2 inches to the left of midline at

Customer Question

I have pain about 2 1/2 inches to the left of midline at L5/C1. I have L4/L5 and L5/C1 fused. What might cause this?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Several months. Doing nothing for a while helps, but it worsens during the night.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have some radiculopathy in the feet on both legs since the last fusion 3 years ago. I am told that this is the result the severity of the issue. I do believe that the doctor did a good job with me.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Paraspinal spasm can get worse over night from sleeping position.

Do you get any radiating pain to the legs?

Muscle spasm related pain can be addressed with a muscle relaxant like flexeril at bedtime.

Trigger point injection also can be considered for more focal effective treatment option with minimal side effects.

Physical therapy also recommended to strengthen the paraspinal muscles to avoid such symptoms in future.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: