Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

You helped me on my other question. When going through my

Customer Question

You helped me on my other question. When going through my blood work I noticed the reason of my wbc getting lower is mainly due to the neutrophils, which went from 5.48 in September to 3.55 in March. Would this indicate anything or is it concerning? I understand few points, but that seems like a lot in only 8 months. And I get headaches and very fatigued with some headaches. Is this concerning? I will continue with the plan you said to check the other levels and these in July.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 4 months ago.

Hi Dr Stan here to help you today. Your Neutrophils and Lymphocytes go together to comprise your white blood cells. The percentages can change depending on your body reactions. Without knowing the actual numbers of the different cells that are included in your white blood cell count. The change you refer to is not unreasonable. This is probably not the reason you have headaches and fatigue. I hope this is helpful and I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Please provide a positive rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I was worried because my wbc was 8.8 in 3/14, then in September 2015 8.5, so pretty stable, but in May it dropped to 6.3

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Relist: Other.
This was for Neuro doctor
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 4 months ago.

These are both in the normal range.

Fluctuations within the normal range are normal.

It did not drop.

There is no significance to this variation.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your agreement

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I know it is in normal range, but it still dropped in a short time. That is not my normal from the past. There can be something underlying. You didn't ask my other symptoms. If it keeps dropping as such then that could be a problem. I had requested neuro doctor because he was helping me in regards ***** ***** more in depth. thanks anyway.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 4 months ago.

You said you were feeling fatigue and headaches. This is not because of the change in your white blood count. The fatigue could be due to being anxious or feeling some depression. The headaches can be caused by a number of other things like muscle tension in your neck, sinus congestion, allergies, vascular causes and anxiety or depression. Please don't stress yourself about the normal changes in your total white blood cell count.