Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  Experience of Neurology of over 4 years, well versed in EEG, NCS and EMG alongwith MRIs and CT scans

I am having some very minor chest pain and now my neck is

Customer Question

I am having some very minor chest pain and now my neck is bothering me when I turn my head could this be related
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 months ago.

Can you tell me where the chest pain is located exactly? Any associated symptoms like shortness of breath or sweating? Any other medical conditions or medications that you might be on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Middle of my chest no shortness of breath or sweating I have diabetes
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just started a new medicine intravana

Thank for the additional information.

Central chest pain in diabetics needs to be evaluated as being associated with the heart until proven otherwise. Because heart attacks in diabetics usually dont present with symptoms which are classic. You need to go to the urgent care or ER and get this evaluated with an EKG as soon as possible. even if the pain is mild as in diabetics the nerves around the heart can be damaged and you would not experience the crushing chest pain which is common in other individuals. While this can be due to other causes such as muscular or even the stomach, i would NOT take the chance and would STRONGLY urge you to seek medical attention as soon as possible. An EKG and possibly an Echocardiography along with a set of cardiac enzymes are necessary here.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Would you like to know anything else? Did you get the chest pain evaluated? If done for now, please leave a positive rating as that is how we are compensated for helping you.