DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

It is difficult to explain but i have had increasing

Customer Question

It is difficult to explain but i have had increasing weakness in my abdomen, lower spine, hips, and legs with minimal walking or standing. I often have a 'flushing' warm sensation run through my abdomen and my legs. i am concerned this may be due to an abdominal aneurysm since i was given Levaquin 2 months ago and became toxic on it. An additional reason for concern is that I was and am taking Actemera IV for my rheumatoid arthritis...the combo of the two increase likelihood of an aortic aneurysm.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 months ago.

Hi

These are not symptoms of an anuerysm, which has no symptoms until it breaks and puts you in the hospital.

These symptoms sound like a muscle disease, polymyositis for example, or other problem, say with the spine.

An ultrasound of the abdomen can easily rule out aneurysm.

I suggest you go to your internist or rheumatologist immediately with these symptoms.

Actemra can also have these symptoms as side effects.

Talk to your doctors about this.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/