Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have muscle twitches in many different muscles all day .

Customer Question

Hello. I have muscle twitches in many different muscles all day long. This has been going on for a year since I was very sick in Honduras with amoebas, parasites etc. Is this something I should see a neurologist for?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Have you had any tests done for this?

Do you have any other symptoms like diarrhea or vomiting or fever?

Do you have any other medical problems?

Are you on any medications for anything?

Do you take any caffeinated beverages? If yes, how much?

Please let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have not had any tests done for this. I had diarrhea for a long time about a year ago when I had a lot of infections with parasites, giardia, amoeaba, bacterias for a month or two. I have never felt completely better since. I have iliminated all caffeine from my diet, even chocolate. I do not have any vomiting or fever. Once or twice a week I have a very rapid heart beat for a few seconds. I am not on any medication. I take a vitamin and probiotic daily (since December). I am also taking a natural parasite cleanser that I've been on for 2 months. My Mom has been recently diagnosed with a neurological condition that makes her eyes close, a type of dystonia.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Twitching like what you are having is usually not indicative of anything serious.

Usually it happens when in people who have been stressed for a long period of time. So I think that stress could be a major factor in your symptoms.

Also, at times, low levels of vitamin D, calcium or magnesium can also lead to the kind of symptoms that you are having.

I would therefore recommend that you should be taking an OTC supplement that contains calcium, magnesium and vitamin D in the same pill that may help with your twitching.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards