Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology

Past 3 or 4 weeks I've had random sharp, shooting pains in

Customer Question

For the past 3 or 4 weeks I've had random sharp, shooting pains in the back of my head, toward the left near the very bottom/base of my skull. It feels like pressure suddenly built up in that area and my neck needs to be cracked. I also feel a weird pressure on the left side of my nose when it happens. The pain is pretty intense, lasting just seconds, leaving as quickly as it came. and it only happens about once every other day, sometimes once every few days. I'm very scared this is a symptom of a brain tumor. I had a clear MRI with and without contrast exactly two years ago for migraines with aura. Again, I'm very scared this is something serious, and I'm not having any other unusual symptoms or neurological deficits. Healthy 28 year old female, 4 months postpartum. That k you.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 months ago.

One last thing, contact customer services to close this thread. We can continue our discussion in the previous thread. You will get charged for another question. These are follow up questions which can discuss in our previous thread.

Im sorry that was not meant for you, i mistakenly posted that here. Very sorry for the incoveinience.

If you can give a few minutes ill write down a response for YOUR question or if you want i can opt out and let someone else help you, whatever you prefer.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor.

brain tumor would be super super unlikely

much more likely pain from sinus inflammation or sinusitis.

you might need some allergy medications, steroid nasal sprays to help if you have sinus congestion, runny nose, sinus pressure.

sinus inflammation can cause headaches, dizziness and shooting pains in the back of the head

also lack of sleep, dehydration, caffeine withdraw, grinding your teeth, can all cause headaches and shooting headache symptoms.

let me know if you have questions.

do you have other questions?