dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.

I have been experiencing dizziness and feeling wobbly in the

Customer Question

I have been experiencing dizziness and feeling wobbly in the head for a few weeks. It is constant and the only time I am just dizzy is when I am at rest - lying down. I have had light headaches and occasional nausea but not all the time.
All blood work is normal (I had bloods taken about 5 weeks ago and all results came back normal). Blood pressure is a little on the low side but it has been like that my whole life so nothing is different there.
I just feel a bit off. When I just sit down with my legs crossed and rest my elbows on my legs I feel quite wobbly.
What could this be??
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 4 months ago.

Hi there ...

thank you for the question ...

As you are a young female , and dizziness with light headache need evaluation regarding heart rhythm abnormality .

As you have Dizziness even in resting state , this is something that could be heart rhythm related .

as you have normal blood work that is good , but it would be ideal for you to have your EKG and 24 hour Holter monitoring .

Meanwhile MRI brain should be kept in consideration .

Please proceed as I advised you .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My GP thinks who I saw a couple of weeks ago thinks it is inner ear related? I have come to you for a second opinion. Why would you suggest a brain MRI?
Expert:  dr abid replied 4 months ago.

Ear is not the issue at this age , you have to either look for heart or either MRI brain for Multpiple sclerosis .

As you are young and ear issue is the problem of old age in your age heart and brain should be checked .

So please get test as I advised you .

Good luck .

Positive rating will be appreciated .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, I will see if I can get tested but it's not that easy to get a brain MRI, I would need a referral from my GP and if she thinks it's inner ear, I may not get a referral. She has referred me to a ENT specialist.My major worry is a brain tumour, do you think this would present with the symptoms I am having?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What is the likelihood of MS? I'm really worried!
Expert:  dr abid replied 4 months ago.

Brain tumor is highly unlikely , don't worry for that .

MS incidence is 0.01 percent which is quite low but in young girls this should be ruled out .

Good luck .

Expert:  dr abid replied 4 months ago.

Are you there ...

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am. So would I have other symptoms if is was MS? Is the test for this a brain MRI or other tests?
Expert:  dr abid replied 4 months ago.

MRI Brain is the ideal investigation for that , you should proceed for that .

MS symptoms vary headache , dizziness , numbness , weakness , tingling , electric shock like sensation .

So it varies .

Regards .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .