Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My son had orthopedic acl surgery june 10. during surgery

Customer Question

my son had orthopedic acl surgery june 10. during surgery the reamer tip broke off in his bone. dr doesn't think it will cause an issue. I want another opinion. he is in pain which probably has to do with the surgery what would you do
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

As lots of metal plates pins and wires are routinely used in orthopedic surgery of different types and reamer tip is also metal inside his bone. So nothing to worry about as it would not cause any problem. Pain is due to surgical incision and inflammation and it would settle down in couple of days. He can take ibuprofen tablet for pain.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.