khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I am very worried about my mum. Adage had a benign brain

Customer Question

Hello there I am very worried about my mum. Adage had a benign brain tumour removed about 9 weeks ago. And we are finding that she is having some trouble with swallowing some foods like meat, corn from the cob and other things. Is this normal after having surgery to remove a tumour!!!
Category: Neurology
Expert:  khagihara replied 6 months ago.

It depends on the location of the brain tumor. If the area functioning the swallowing is removed, it is possible that she has a difficulty swallowing some foods.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Her tumour was in her right frontal lobe but wasn't on the brain. It was between the brain and her skull.

It seems to be a meningioma. Postoperative neurologic deficits can be a direct complication of surgery. The reported incidence of such neurologic deficits ranges from 2 to 30 percent depending upon the location of the tumor and the extent of the resection. Cortical brain injury may occur if the membranes (arachnoid and pia) are adherent to the tumor and there is disruption of the membrane (pial) vasculature with subsequent cortical microinfarction (micro stroke in the lobe). You should talk with her doctor.