DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I am . I have had twitching second and third toes in one of

Customer Question

Hello, i am Michelle. I have had twitching second and third toes in one of my foot since 2009. It started after i wore very high heels once for a special event. And now i touch the bones that are connected to the toes above ball of feet. They seem to be enlarged compared to my normal foot. What should i do?
JA: The Neurologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Neurologist should be aware of?
Customer: To add more context, my problem foot has accessory navicular and has got it removed. The twitching got better after i stopped walking for a few weeks and it comes back as i am mobile again.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 10 months ago.

Hello

You need an EMG/NCS test to see if you have nerve irritation in the lower spine.

It might not be the toes at all.

I suggest that you see a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD. They are experts at this and can do the test in the office.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What are EMG or NCS?

electromyelogram/nerve conduction studies.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/