Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified MD
Experience:  15 years' clinical experience
23744323

What does "punctuate focus of restricted diffusion in the

Customer Question

what does "punctuate focus of restricted diffusion in the hippocampal head" mean? a likely stroke or TIA?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: I was intibated (sp) and was in the ICU for a couple of days. They did an MRI and said it was a small stoke. I just received the med notes to take to a referral to the Mayo - and was wondering if that is what the findings of the MRI meant.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I just want to be able to ask the proper questions - for example I am on lovenox for a previous PE and if this was an ischemic stroke would that be the best blood thinner to be on. I was receive weekly IVIG which can cause blood clots - it is a lot to take in and want to at least understand what the most likely intretpration of what that means would be helpful. I am not sure I had a stroke.. or hope not- but wandering if that is what it means. Rambling - sorry
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 10 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

I understand your concerns.

Do you have the full report to upload here?

This particular sentence does not clearly state if it is stroke or not.

Can be seen normally as well.

Hippocampal part of the brain is involved with memory, intelligence etc.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/