Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

My question is how will it take fracture to heal and will I

Customer Question

Hi doctor my question is how long will it take for the fracture to heal and will I need a surgery as it's a minimally displaced fractured of the cuboid bone.
I did an ultrasound scan and this is what the report states : examination of the region of interest finds a step deformity in the cortical contour of the cuboid bone extending to the base of the the 5 th metatarsal. There is oedema in the soft tissues adjacent to this contour deformity and a slight periosteal reaction with hypervascularity. The appearance are that of a minimally displaced fractured of the cuboid bone. This occurs proximal to the peroneal brevis insertion .
Please kindly explain me in detail what all this means
Thank you
Krishma
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

Hi this is Dr Stan and I will help you today. Your Orthopedic Surgeon/Podiatrist is the best person to discuss whether you need surgery. Having said that, you most likely do not need surgery for this problem. You have been placed in a Una-Boot/Cast to allow it to heal. The healing process will take approximately 8 weeks. I hope this is helpful and I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. We are compensated only after you give a positive rating, which is always appreciated.