Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

About four weeks ago I was involved in a collision with a

Customer Question

About four weeks ago I was involved in a collision with a car while riding my bicycle. Among other injures I suffered a closed fracture of the 4th cervical vertebra (in the front from what I could see from the x-ray). I have been wearing a cervical collar since and have been told to change the pads every few days. Today while sliding the back portion of the brace back into place I felt a minor twinge in my neck on the left side. About an hour after, I started to getting a tingling sensation on my arms, legs and back. The sensation comes and goes so I am wondering if I need to go the emergency room right away (since it Friday night and can't call a doctor) or wait to see if the sensation resolves itself. Thanks
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

Do you have weakness in any part of your body like your upper limb or lower limb in addition to the tingling that you are experiencing?

How are your bowels and urine?

Are you able to walk around okay?

Please let me know.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

I am looking forward to your response.