DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I had headache week, took Motrin and saw Doctor two times ,

Customer Question

i had headache for a week, took Motrin and saw Doctor two times , told me it is migraine and gave me pain killer through IV yesterday, it is not helping.Kindly advise me if it is Migraine Does it last a week, no taste ,Poor appetite, something tickle in throat but not that bad.Kindly help me
Category: Neurology
Expert:  khagihara replied 5 months ago.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Exactly where is it? On a scale of 0-10, what is it with 0 being no pain and 10 being the strongest pain? What is it like? Does anything make it better or worse? Does it make you wake up at nigh or early morning? Is it getting worse? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any other medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history? What is the name of the IV pain killer?

Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 months ago.

Hello.

Yes this can be migraine.

However, it is rare that a migraine lasts for a week.

This raises the possibility of a condition called persistent daily headache.

Sometimes this can raise a more serious issue such as cervical spine problems, brain problems, blood vessel problems.

You need to go back, to the doctor immediately, or the ER if this is getting worse.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

i was scheduled for ct scan but waiting for authorization . Now headache is better but not getting sleep

No sure what your question is at this point.